Windows are very functional in a house since they provide so many things such as light, ventilation, and view. It is better to decorate your windows by adding some great window treatments that are suitable for your house’s style and theme, the windows’ function, and your overall preference and taste. Putting window treatments is a great and simple way to add style and attractiveness to your house.
There are many different kinds of window treatments. Curtains or draperies, blinds and shutters, valance, screens, tiebacks, shades or even window tints and stains are all considered as window treatments.
Because of this wide variety of choices, many homeowners are overwhelmed, and they do not know where to start. If you are one of them and you are still clueless about how to accessorise your windows, here are some few window treatment tips.
* It is better to have minimal treatment for your windows than none at all. Treatments, especially curtains or draperies that are considered as soft treatments, add style, colour, and softness to your house. Imagine your window without curtains. Your house will feel empty, bare, and cold and can have that ‘just-moved-in’ feel.
* Choose colours that complement your walls and other furniture. You can try various shades of cool colours such as blue or green or warm colours such as yellow, orange, and red depending on your room’s overall colour scheme.
* If you do not want the stuffiness or too formal feel that drapes can sometimes create in a room, try sheer curtains and valances made from light material. These treatments can add softness to your window and room.
* If you want privacy, you can use glass blocks or window tinting films so that people from outside cannot see the interior of the house. Window tints can even protect your furniture, curtains, and other objects inside your home from fading.
* Using stained glass windows can also add colour, drama, and unique style to your room. It also lets in light in different colours because of the stains’ colours, and it becomes attractive especially during the day when you can see the rainbow of colours.
* Blinds are very easy and convenient to use. This also gives you privacy and at the same time hides the sharp angles of your windows. However, cleaning them can also be challenging and can take time. What you can do is to use a small vacuum while they are still attached to your window or bring them out and wash them with mild soap and water.